The following is a short list of some of the fights I am most looking forward to in the new year. Let me know what you think:
Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin at UFC 93; January 17th
– This one doesn’t make MY dick hard too hard, but it seems to be working like Cialis for a lot of folks. I’ll give the boners the benefit of the doubt.
Mark Coleman vs. Shogun Rua 2 at UFC 93; January 17th
– The sequel to a highly dramatic and controversial PRIDE bout. Looking forward to seeing both these guys back in action.
Fedor vs. Arlovski at Afflcition’s “Day of Reckoning”; January 24th
– One of the very few men who may actually be capable of defeating Fedor will get his chance.
GSP vs. Baby J Penn at UFC 94; January 31st
– Go BJ. Fuck GSP. He’s cool, but too good-looking and shredded, so fuck him.
Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva at UFC 94; January 31st
– Great #1 Contenders matchup. The winner should go on to face Evans while Rampage and Forrest go at it again to get back in line…unless this fight disappoints and Joe Silva decides to go with Evans vs Rampage first.
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida at UFC 94; January 31st
– It’s about time my boy Diaz gets to fight on the main card of a PPV.
Wilson Gouveia vs. Nate Marquardt at UFC 95; February 21st (not yet confirmed by Zuffa)
– A great 185 lb. fight. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Marquardt, the only man I’ve ever seen perform a Jackknife Powerbomb in a cage (outside of professional wrestling).
Gabe Gonzaga vs. Shane Carwin at UFC 96; March 7th (not yet confirmed by Zuffa)
– Can’t wait to see these 2 mammoths go at it. Would love to see the winner get a fight with Lesnar sooner than later.
Mike Brown vs. Leonard Garcia at WEC 39; March 11th (not yet confirmed by Zuffa)
– The man who took out Urijah Faber will face a 145 lb. monster in Garcia.
Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles at WEC 40; April 19th (not yet confirmed by Zuffa)
– I’ve never met a Miguel Torres fight I didn’t like.
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 2
– See Mir vs. Lesnar 2 or This is What Happens When Bad Meets Evil.
Gina Carrano vs. Chris Cyborg
– Beauty and the Beast, respectively. It’s gotta happen, but who’s going to put it on (Strikeforce, WEC, FEG)?
Baby J Penn vs. Kenflo
– Does the fact that Florian wasted Stevenson faster than BJ did mean anything? We’ll see.
Any fight in Japan (or anywhere else in the world) featuring: Shinya Aoki, Alistair Overeem, Gregard Mousasi, Melvin Manhoef, Eddie Alvarez, Ronaldo Jacare Souza or Badr Hari.
– Cause I love watching all these motherfuckers fight!